- This event has passed.
Important Business Meeting – Zoom
February 3 @ 5:15 pm - 6:30 pm
You are invited to the most important meeting organised for Newham businesses in many years.
The borough currently has one of the poorest take-ups of COVID-19 vaccinations in the country, yet one of the highest number of victims of this terrible disease.
Newham Council and Newham Chamber of Commerce Limited believe that local businesses can play an important part in changing the situation. Whether you are a one-person company working at home or a shop/factory/office with multiple staff this will be key details.
The meeting will provide relevant information and advice on what firms can do. Additionally, you will hear of a new £10.1m grant scheme (details are still being worked on, so do NOT make any enquiries yet, but if you have missed out of the various grants so far, you should pay particular attention).
- Anne Bowers and Haffsa Elmi will give the facts on vaccine available locally and responding to inaccurate circulated information.
- Assistant Public Health Strategist Ashlee Teakle puts the spotlight on rapid testing sites. These are for people with no COVID-19 symptoms, do not work from home, but need regular tests to protect themselves, their place of employment and the wider community.
- Sheila Roberts, in charge of Trading Standards, will be focussing on click & collect protocols and the importance of mask wearing. She will surprise many with how wrong some current procedures are in Newham.
- Gerald Mason, Chief Executive of Tate & Lyle Sugars, will be explaining what his firm has been doing to combat COVID-19, including an onsite testing system.
- Margaret Almond will give up-to-date information on the new grant fund being developed.
NB: THIS MEETING IS OPEN TO ANY BUSINESS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MEMBER AND THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE IN ADVANCE.
TIME: 5.15pm – 6.30pm
REGISTRATION: None – just click the Zoom link below and join in.
ZOOM LINK: https://zoom.us/j/96544322565?pwd=NjBUYVhCZ=NSUjhldWpadnVJcziwUT09